לתשומת לב צופי השפיריות: אטלס השפיראים של אירופה (2015) מוצע כרגע במחיר מיוחד באתר אמזון.
This is the first detailed and complete overview of the distribution of the dragonflies and damselflies of Europe. An important reference work for professionals and amateurs alike.
- Covers the distribution and habitat selection of all 143 European species of dragonflies and damselflies.
- Gives a complete description of global and European distribution, illustrated using over 200 distribution maps.
- Per species gives all the requisite information on taxonomy, range, population trends, flights season, and habitat.
- Includes unique photos and flight season diagrams for virtually all European dragonflies.
- Contains extensive background information on taxonomy, conservation, and a per-country overview of its history of odonatological studies.
The book was written by more than 50 European dragonfly experts. Coordinated by Jean-Pierre Boudot and Vincent Kalkman (European Invertebrate Survey (EIS), the Netherlands) they spent the last ten years collecting all observations of dragonflies and damselflies, from the Azores to the Ural and from the North Cape to Lampadusa.